Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Another round of goodies that caught my eye this season — I feel like I could make gift guides for days. So many beautiful, well-made products out there to oogle over. If I can give any preference to the bunch above, I’d say go for a scarf from En Soie (a great gift for your mom, sister, or best friend). I recently picked up a simple patterned one from their Silver Lake store and wear it with everything. The Iacoli & McAllister bottle opener also seems to make my gift giving list each year; perhaps it’s time I just gift myself one.
1. Floral Signe Beaker, $37 / 2. Porcelain Necklace, $170/ 3. Chez Panisse Café Cookbook, $37.50 / 4. Clemence Backpack, $332 / 5. Antique Linen Pillow, $176 / 6. Flower Child Painting, $65/ 7. Vintage Star Chart, $21 / 8. Iacoli & McAllister Bottle Opener, $48 / 9. Muji Washable Slippers, $12.95 / 10. Liberte Scarf, $89 / 11. Marbled Salt & Pepper Shakers, $48/ 12. Gray Wool Knit Hat, $89
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Just dropping in for a quick note to share that I’m over on the Steven Alan blog today for a little Q&A and a collection of my favorite S.A. picks for holiday gifting this season. Take a peek here!
And a big thanks to Steven Alan for having me on board. I’ll be back later today with part two of this week’s gift guides!
All photos © Dabito for Old Brand New.
Monday, Monday, here again! For those of you who celebrated, I hope you all had a lovely and relaxing Thanksgiving. Getting back into the swing of things today to round out these last weeks of 2013, I’m excited to share with you a website I recently completed for Brooklyn-based artist, Danielle Kroll. This was a really fun project to work on and might be my favorite website I’ve designed to date.
Danielle has a great, whimsical style to her work so I echoed that feeling through the interactivity of the site, using bold blocks of color for mouseover details, and scalable carousel slideshows to showcase her beautiful portfolio of commissioned projects and personal illustrations.
To see the full site and all it’s fun features, visit hellodaniellekroll.com!
Well, December is upon us! Which happened much quicker than I had anticipated (as it always tends to). So let’s get to gift guide-ing, shall we? I like to think that these picks would be great for most anyone in your life, so instead of categorizing by personality type, I opted for no theme other than: I’d Enjoy Gifting or Receiving These. Kicking off a week of gift guides starting with these black, white and brass favorites…
1. Book Ends, $102 / 2. Leather Tassel Keychain, $9/ 3. Mike Mills Blackout Poster, $20 / 4. Hand Knitted Pot Holder, $26 / 5. Nordic Blue Bento Bag, $15 / 6. Short Black & White Mug, $48/ 7. Industrial Task Table Lamp, $99 / 8. Palmino Black Wing Pencils, $23 / 9. Marbled Card & Envelope, $6 / 10. Iuvo Bracelets, $106 / 11. Silk Boyfriend Shirt, $171/ 12. Avarcas Leather Sandals, $75
Friday, November 22, 2013
1. Erika Schroeder’s carriage house-turned-bungalow in Clinton Hill.
2. The desert-set lookbook for Bandelier.
3. This breakfast recipe for super seed mix.
4. These pendants by Marz.
5. This branding project from Melbourne-based design studio, The Company You Keep.
6. This pottery series by Another Country.
7. An informal tea ceremony hosted by ceramicist Misa Kumabuchi in Nishinomiya.
8. The Hudson Milliner bed and breakfast in Hudson, NY.
9. Brian’s work for Voices of Industry (with the help of Valeda Stull).
Finally starting to feel a tinge of winter around these parts. It rained yesterday and I stayed home just to stare out the window at the raindrops while I worked. Unfortunately it came and went, but looking forward to some cold weather activities this weekend. Baking, ice skating, cranking up the heater… wishing you all a nice (cozy) weekend!